A local server is unlike VPS Server. It is the one that is located on a certain computer. Thus, instead of accessing through certain domain name, the local server has the IP and a section in the files that determines the content also known as localhost.
It is a fantastic way to work with offline files, as well as to save backup copies of the website.
Next, we explain how to mount a local server; We point out the process of installing a local server step by step.
What is a local server?
The web server stored in a local network to the reference team itself is known as the local web server. Thus, the local web server can be installed on any of the computers that are part of a local network. The installation is done using software that allows you to try and navigate the website.
The local server offers a number of advantages that are interesting to know.
- First, it allows you to carry out all kinds of tests on the website without fear of it spoiling, which is a great benefit in order to provide the best user experience.
- Second, it is not necessary to buy a domain name since it is 127.0.0.1. Therefore, the hard disk performs the functions of the hosting.
- Third, it is directly related to the previous points. In addition to the Internet website itself, it can also be stored on the local server as a backup.
This way, they can quickly and easily correct all those failures, as well as make the changes they deem appropriate, on the corporate website until they are completely sure that they are ready to be uploaded to the final remote server.
What do you have to prepare to mount a server?
- There are a number of minimum requirements necessary for a computer to perform the functions of local server.
- Operating system: the most used is Windows; however, you can also use a computer with MacOS or Linux as so.
- Apache: is the fundamental application to turn the computer into a local server.
- MySQL: it is a database application that controls Apache and allows the creation of all those databases that are necessary to develop the project.
- PHP: This is the programming technology used by the server in question.
All the mentioned applications have been developed after the launch of Linux and are open source, so they are updated with relative constancy.
Although they can be installed separately, it is best to opt for the package called LAMP for Linux, which includes them all. This package is called WAMP for Windows and MAMP for Mac.
In addition to the software itself, hardware also plays an essential role. The computer on which the server is to be mounted must have adequate cooling; Ideally, it has a very wide grid so that it does not overheat in excess and can give rise to any type of problem.
The RAM is another aspect to value since this type of equipment requires a great performance; The minimum advisable is 3 GB so you can perform all tasks fluently.
It is worth noting that a normal user PC is not enough. And it has nothing to do with the fact of opening several apps on a computer at a normal speed, to attend a large number of queries at the same time.
Thus, it is convenient to opt for a device with one or several multi-core processors capable of coping with this type of requirements.
And finally, in addition to all of the above, it is 100% recommended to have a backup system that allows the storage of all stored files automatically.
All this is if we are going to have operational pages (published) on that server. If it is for testing, we may not need so many capacities, because the traffic will be less.
Having your own server has its benefits and cons. In case you do not want to deal with hardware technical maintenance, purchasing Linux VPS Hosting or Windows VPS Hosting is another alternative. In this case, I personally suggest HostingRaja. This is because they are one of the best VPS Hosting India.